Archived General DB Blogs
Norco Launches 2012 Bikes
Posted: Jul 19 2011
Norco hosted a great event for dealers last week to launch their 2012 line of bikes. The event took place on the North Shore at the Pinnacle Hotel and included three days of test riding and presentations.
Norco introduced some new bikes to the 2012 family and discussed enhancements to their current offering. Their overall package now includes more colour options with colour matching features.
What's New for 2012?
Norco's new Valence endurance road bike is specifically designed for riders looking to do long rides on something a bit more forgiving than a race bike.
The Valence's geometry is designed for comfort without sacrificing performance. Riders can enjoy the more upright position while taking on the GranFondo or the Ride to Conquer Cancer.
The 2012 Norco carbon frames use an Ethyl Polystyrene (EPS) madrel system that produces an incredibly smooth, controlled inner surface at complicated, high stress areas. High Tough Resin is also used in all 2012 Norco carbon frames increasing impact resistance by 20%.
The Valence include carbon and aluminum versions. The top carbon model comes with Shimano Ultegra Di2 electric drive train and Shimano WH-RS80 24mm carbon clincher wheels.
- Tapered Head Tube
- BB30 Bottom Bracket
- High modulus carbon fibre frame/fork throughout
- Carbon dropouts
- Carbon molded headset
- Endurance Geometry
- Slightly longer chainstays and fork offset to increase stability
- Curved seat stays for compliant ride
- Full fender compatibility
- Larger tire clearance, up to 28c
The Sight is Norco's new 140mm trail bike. The Sight also comes in a women's specific model.
"We like to call it the Sight: not too big, not too small, the Sight is just right. Light and nimble enough to climb meets strong and responsive enough to descend, this is a bicycle that fills the desires of riders looking for adventure and versatility everywhere they ride."
- A.R.T Optimized suspension
- Tapered head tube
- Integrated dropouts
- Custom hydroformed tubing
- Low centre of gravity and reduced unsprung mass
- One-piece holloform® link arm
- Integrated derailleur hanger
- Custom stainless steel hardware
- Integrated front derailleur mount onto the chainstay
- Fluid concept designed specifically for this bike
- Increased pedaling efficiency - 20% increase in chain growth to decrease bob
- Improved leverage ratio curve
- Square-edge bump compliance
- Improved braking performance - rearward axle path allows the suspension to remain active under braking
The Revolver is Norco's new 29er Marathon bike. It was designed for fast, flowing California-style single track, 24 hour endurance races or just a local trail ride with good friends. It is lightweight, competitive and maintains a healthy amount of versatility. Norco wanted to design a 29er that had the versatility that riders hungered for and they did this by combining an excellent component spec with a carefully designed frame. The Revolver finds the perfect balance between climbing and descending while being capable of winning endurance races.
- 100mm of R.T (advanced ride technology) rear suspension
- Custom hydroformed tubeset
- Holloform® link arm
- Wrap around seatstay yoke
- Integrated dropout design
- Clevis-less pivots
- Tapered head tube
- One-piece, asymmetric chainstay yoke
- Gorged lower shock mounts
- Proprietary aluminum and stainless steel pivot/shock hardware
- Chainstay mounted front derailleur
- A.R.T optimized suspension which results in increased pedaling efficiency, increased square-edge bump compliance, improved braking performance, improved leverage ratio curve
- 3 X 10 drivetrains (44/33/22 front with 11-36 rear)
- Wider 680mm low rise (15mm) bars and shorter stems than traditional XC bikes
- 100mm travel forks with 20mm and 15mm dropouts, tapered steer tube and remote lockout lever
- 29" tubeless-compatible rims for models 1 and 2.
- Lockout or ProPedal rear air shocks
- 160mm front and rear brake rotors
- Low-stack headsets
- Larger volume 29 X 2.2 tires with trail
All new for 2012, the Magnum is Norco's new Dirt/Street bike. A balanced mix of BMX and mountain biking, Dirt/Street takes BMX and fuses it with big-wheel speed. The Magnum has a new geared 6061 alloy frame with integrated headtube. It's geometry is based on the 2011 Rampage. The Magnum comes in two sizes: Short = 565mm top tube and Long = 578mm top tube. It has Gravity Step Up single speed cranks, Shimano 8speed drivetrain and an E-13 LS1 Chainguide.
The Diesel 18 is Norco's new 18" wheel BMX bike, designed for smaller riders that want a higher performance spec. The Diesel features one tube chromoly frame, Alienation 18" PBR rims, 25/9 gear ratio and sealed 14mm 9 tooth driver rear hub.
The Siege is a new "brakeless" compatible BMX bike. The frame and for have no brake mounts or bosses. The bike comes equipped with two caliper mounted brakes in a 20.5 and 21" model. The bike has a full chromoly frame, Alienation Deviant aero front rim/Black Sheep rear, Odyssey Aaron Ross tires, full chromoly for with tapered legs and new one side integrated seat post clamp.Read more Archived General DB Blogs »