Archived General DB Blogs
Local Kids Program Kicks Off
Posted: Jul 05 2006
As a part of its wide range of summer kids programs, West Vancouver is running the popular “Play Active Challenge” again this year. This program tasks kids up to age 16 to learn all sorts of small and simple ways to be healthy every day. Hundreds of kids will take up the challenge every week this summer and will be elible for some great prizes!
Different Bikes loves helping kids be active so this year is the grand prize provider! We’ll be providing two brand new bikes for winners to be drawn from all entries at the end of the summer. A Miele BB202 20” kids bike (retail value $199) for the runner up and a Rocky Mountain Soul 24 mountain bike (retail value $699) for the grand prize!
How it works:
- Play Active Challenge cards are available at all West Vancouver Community Facilities.
- Contest open to all children up to 16 years old.
- Each time you complete an activity get a parent or Summer * Camp leader to check it off.
- Complete any 15 challenges and enter for a chance to win awesome prizes.
- Completed cards should be given to summer camp leaders or dropped off at a Play Active Box at any of the West Vancouver Community Centres or at Different Bikes.
- Collect a cool West Vancouver Play Active Challenge Dog tag each week you submit a completed card.
- 1 card to be submitted per week.
- Deadline to hand in Challenge cards: Aug 31, 2006.
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for the Play Active Challenge BBQ!
When: Wednesday Aug 16, 5-6:30pm
Where: John Lawson Park in AmblesideRead more Archived General DB Blogs »