Archived General DB Blogs
We’re Hiring - Service Manager West Vancouver
Posted: Aug 16 2011
Are you an experienced bicycle mechanic looking to move to a leadership role? Want a challenge, with opportunity to build your career in a fun industry, working with an awesome team? Do you love all bikes but really know high end road bikes inside and out? Love dealing with people and making customers happy? Different Bikes may be your place. Read on for more information about the position!
Service Manager - Different Bikes
Lead and manage the Technical Service team, focused on customer experience, efficiency and quality.
Join a motivated and dynamic team at one of the fastest growing and largest bicycle retailers in BC. Our absolute priority here at Different Bikes is to consistently offer excellent, friendly customer service for all cyclists. We’re driven to encourage and enhance an active, cycling lifestyle through uniquely positive customer service and we challenge you to help deliver this vision by leading the service department in one of our stores. Innovate to improve processes, quality and efficiency. Build a team with second-to-none skills that is driven to impress customers through technical knowledge and fast turnaround. Share your passion for cycling with DB customers and your team. Learn from experienced leaders at other Different Bikes locations and enjoy integrated process, inventory and logistics support. Set new standards in your shop, develop your career in the cycling industry and love your work!
Reporting to the Store Manager and working closely with other DB location Service Managers and staff, you will be responsible for all management and operations of a Different Bikes store service department. The Service Manager position includes a range of operational technical service, customer interaction, staff direction and related administrative activities. The role includes service department systems and process planning as well as team leadership responsibilities. Accountability will include timeliness and quality of all service work, team utilization rates and training, and financial metrics for the service department. Overall objectives are to:
- Ensure consistently outstanding customer experience in service department that builds and supports the DB vision.
- Provide timely, high quality technical service estimates, repairs and follow up support for all customers.
- Support the store’s financial strength by managing department costs and earning increased customer business.
- Positive, energetic, customer-service oriented bicycle technician with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Significant experience in bicycle repair and service, strong knowledge on current road and mountain bike technology
- Team player with hands-on approach, interested in leadership, constant improvement and development
- Committed to promoting active lifestyles, enjoy community involvement, share a passion for cycling
KEY SERVICE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure consistent outstanding customer experience in technical service at all times
- Build an excellent team – schedule, train and develop excellent technical staff to meet service objectives
- Deliver timely service follow up – estimates, changes, completion notices and post service check ins
- Control inventories – service item management and storage including ordering supplies, small parts and repair parts.
- Organize the service area - ensure the cleanliness and effectiveness of service and storage spaces.
- Sustain quality – in all new bike builds and repairs, ensure high quality workmanship.
- Monitor service department financial strength by maximizing team utilization and expenses.
- Embrace the community - engagement in local promotion activities, with support of DB marketing department
- Coordinate with other Different Bikes locations for staffing, process and inventory sharing.
- Additional projects, tasks and programs as agreed.
- Different Bikes offers industry leading compensation for its teams, along with a commitment to deliver a flexible, fun work environment that includes opportunities for training and development.
- Full-time staff have the opportunity to share directly in the success of their stores through a profit sharing program.
- Service Manager compensation will be determined based on candidate’s experience and skills, and includes a base salary and profit sharing plan. Key staff also have the opportunity to become shareholders in their stores.
SPECIFIC POSITION NOTES
- Store Manager role is full-time, flexible schedule possible, partial weekend availability is preferred.
- Location is: West Vancouver (Other store locations may be available in future)
- The ideal candidate for this location will have significant experience in the service, tuning, build and fitting in the high end road bike category.