General DB Blog
Giant Canada Re-Launches Program
Sprockids is a mountain bike program directed at youth that has been implementaed in 20 different countries because of the value of teaching life skills to young people through the passion of sport. Giant has recently re-launched the program with a new logo, a revitalized website and updated training manuals. This program will be available through Giant Dealers across Canada including Different Bikes who will be trained as a certified Sprockids’ center. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Jan 23.14 Posted in Kids
Youth, Junior, U23 camps
When: January 24-26, 2014
Where: Squamish, BC
What: An Endurance based camp that will include both on and off bike training with Team Squamish Coach, Mike Charuk, and other local coaches. Athletes can expect to spend some time in the Gym (Challenge by Choice), a functional movement screening from Reach Physio, a yoga session, pool, hot tub and steam time, a mental training and nutrition workshop, some serious saddle time and on bike skill training.
Both events will allow the region’s promising 11 to 18 year old cyclists to race under a structured learning environment, while competing directly with their peers. Each event will include coaching seminars, athlete development lectures, and of course, age-group category races. If you are, or know of, a young cyclist who’s keen on developing racing skills, these are the events for you!
Jan 10.14 Posted in Reviews/Commentary
clean Components are happy components
You come home from an awesome but muddy, wet ride. If it hasn't already, the chill is really starting to set in. You peel off your gloves, take off your helmet and feel a certain amount of satisfaction in having battled the elements while doing something that you love. Wet weather doesn't stop you!
All you want to do is get out of your wet gear, have a hot shower, crawl into some warm, dry clothes and maybe grab a bite to eat.
You put your bike in its designated spot and quickly take stock of it's current state. Yes, it's pretty dirty. I really should give it a quick clean, you think to yourself. But as the warmth of the inside is calling you and your clothes are dripping wet, you decide that you will deal with it later. You turn away from your bike and start heading in. Fortunately for you and your conscience, you don't hear your components feral cry: nooooooooooo.
How many times has this situation played out in your household, over and over?
Dirt builds up and can affect the quality of your ride, not to mention damage your components over time. A five-minute hose down and lube application straight after your ride can help keep those components happy and your bike running smooth!
- December 2013
- Dec 11.13 - Give Us Your Wish List
- October 2013
- Oct 17.13 - NORDIC season is almost here!
- September 2013
- Sep 15.13 - Cycling Tips/Advice
- July 2013
- Jul 16.13 - A Great City Bike
- June 2013
- Jun 14.13 - Bottletop Trail Day Jun. 9
- May 2013
- May 31.13 - Bike to Work Week 2013
- May 11.13 - Living by Instinct
- May 10.13 - Road Riding Safety
- April 2013
- Apr 23.13 - Bicycling 2013 Editor’s Choice
- March 2013
- Mar 30.13 - Tariff Elimination Petition
- Mar 26.13 - Vote on Team Kit
- Mar 24.13 - Meet Mike, DB WVan’s new Co-Manager
- Mar 24.13 - New eStore Clearance Items
- Mar 22.13 - Mechanics Needed
- January 2013
- Jan 16.13 - Careers - Store Manager
- December 2012
- Dec 22.12 - Instinct for Big Wheel Adventure
- Dec 19.12 - UPDATE: Better Bridge
- Dec 10.12 - Two Wheeled Freedom
- September 2012
- Sep 24.12 - Empress TAP Update
- Sep 20.12 - Vancouver’s Best Local Bike Store
- June 2012
- Jun 21.12 - Spawn Cycles
- May 2012
- May 21.12 - Red with ENVE
- May 09.12 - Commuter Challenge Lunch Clinics
- May 07.12 - TAP Trail Day on Empress Bypass
- May 02.12 - TAP Trail Day May 6
- April 2012
- Apr 27.12 - Mudbunnies 2012 Race Team
- Apr 08.12 - Your Next cranks?
- March 2012
- Mar 20.12 - Gearing Up! Ride To Conquer Cancer
- Mar 14.12 - DEMO A ROCKY! March 31st
- Mar 03.12 - A Tale of Two Elements
- February 2012
- Feb 05.12 - DB Rider races the Trans Andes Challenge
- January 2012
- Jan 04.12 - Fond Summer Memories!
- November 2011
- Nov 08.11 - Olympic Bobsledders Ride Too!
- October 2011
- Oct 03.11 - HONZO!!!
- August 2011
- Aug 02.11 - BC Bike Race 2011
- July 2011
- Jul 28.11 - High Cascades 100, Bend OR
- Jul 01.11 - 2011 BC Bike Race Blog and Report
- June 2011
- Jun 27.11 - DB Riders on the “Test of Metal” Mountain Bike Race
- April 2011
- Apr 28.11 - Race the NIMBY Fifty!
- March 2011
- Mar 30.11 - Announcing Partnership with Peak Centre for Human Performance!
- Mar 21.11 - Coming April 2 - More Road for you…
- Mar 08.11 - Support Athletics for Kids - We Do! www.a4k.ca
- February 2011
- Feb 08.11 - Welcome Look Cycles
- Feb 01.11 - Cypress Mountain Nordic - Awesome conditions!
- January 2011
- Jan 07.11 - New 2011 Bikes arriving in all stores!
- December 2010
- Dec 15.10 - 2011 Rocky Mountain Slayer and Element IN STOCK
- Dec 14.10 - Winter Essentials (and good deals!)
- Dec 02.10 - Help win funding for North Shore Trails! Vote online!
- November 2010
- Nov 17.10 - 2011 Giant Bikes Arriving NOW!
- October 2010
- Oct 24.10 - XC Ski Equipment In Stock Now!
- Oct 04.10 - New Knolly Chilcotin and Endorphin SL - in stock
- September 2010
- Sep 13.10 - 2010 Gran Fondo - Amazing!
- August 2010
- Aug 27.10 - 2011 Rocky Mountain Preview - Old is new!
- Aug 25.10 - We Ride - 2011 Norco Range
- July 2010
- Jul 15.10 - 2011 Norco Product Launch!
- Jul 08.10 - We Ride - 2010 Kona Cadabra
- June 2010
- Jun 24.10 - Get Rev El’ Stoked in Revelstoke, July 11th, 2k10
- Jun 22.10 - Race Bear Mountain! (July 3rd-4th 2010)
- Jun 13.10 - Big Events This Weekend…. Get your bike in early for service!
- Jun 06.10 - North Shore Bike Fest!
- May 2010
- May 30.10 - Colin win’s the first ever NIMBY 50 race!
- May 13.10 - Nice New Video
- May 05.10 - FIRST LOOK - 2010 Rocky Mountain-Different Bikes Team Kit
- May 05.10 - UBC Tuesday Night World Championships - have started!
- May 05.10 - Canuck playoff FEVER!
- May 02.10 - RBC Gran Fondo Whistler Special Offer!
- April 2010
- Apr 29.10 - The 1st Annual Princeton Chugger (June 12th)
- Apr 11.10 - New XC Race in Pemberton - NIMBY 50
- Apr 01.10 - We Ride - Titus Carbon X and SRAM XX
- March 2010
- Mar 26.10 - West Van Store MOVED!
- Mar 10.10 - DB Partners with BONDtraining
- February 2010
- Feb 02.10 - We Ride - Knolly, Niner, Kona
- January 2010
- Jan 16.10 - Gore Tool Windstopper jacket
- Jan 04.10 - We’re Hiring!
- Jan 03.10 - Carbon Goodies
- Jan 03.10 - Gore Ride-On sealed derailleur cables
- Jan 02.10 - Vertex 50/70RSL vs. Vertex Team RSL
- Jan 02.10 - Altitude 90 RSL
- Jan 02.10 - The Rabid, Yet Discerning, Consumer
- December 2009
- Dec 21.09 - New Blogs, Where is the Forum?
- Dec 16.09 - XC Ski Demo - Cypress on Dec 19th
- November 2009
- Nov 15.09 - First Ride - 2010 Kona AbraCadabra
- July 2009
- Jul 31.09 - Vélos Différents Blog